More information about this position is available here
Application Period: From Fri, November 17, 2023 to Mon, January 01, 2024
Position Description: JOB POSTING
Rhode Island Legal Services, Inc., a statewide program with its principal office in Providence seeks a Controller with three or more years of experience to work in the Providence office.
The Controller will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s financial activities, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and in-depth financial analysis. In collaborating with the Executive Director and Finance Officer, the responsibilities of the Controller include:
1. Budgeting and forecasting to ensure alignment with strategic goals, funding and industry trends.
2. Assist in preparation of grant applications and contracts for federal and state governments, as well as private foundations.
3. Implement and maintain the computerized accounting software package.
4. Prepare financial records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
5. Prepare records for annual (OMB) Circular A-133 audit.
6. All aspects of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
8. Prepare monthly financial statements.
9. Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
10. Establish internal control procedures to comply with federal government standards.
11. Develop and implement cash flow spreadsheets for weekly use.
12. Assist Director of Development with annual fundraising efforts.
13. Assist in the administration of RILS benefits package.
Closing date: Open until filled.
Salary: $70,538+ depending on experience. Excellent fringe benefits.
Send Resume to:
Nicola Carrara, Manager
Human Resources and Program Support
Rhode Island Legal Services, Inc.
56 Pine Street Suite 400
Providence, RI 02903
RHODE ISLAND LEGAL SERVICES, INC. will not discriminate or permit discrimination against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, intellectual disability, learning disability, mental disability or physical disability including, but not limited to, blindness, (unless such disability, even with reasonable accommodation, prevents the applicant from being able to perform the work involved), or in any manner prohibited by the laws of the United States or of the State of Rhode Island. Further, RHODE ISLAND LEGAL SERVICES, INC. will not retaliate against or condone retaliation against any person or group of persons who oppose actions, treatment or conduct that they believe to be discriminatory.
Requirements for Hiring: Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field. A master’s degree or CPA qualification is preferred. Proficiency in the use of Excel, Word and various accounting software, 3-5 years of experience.
Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience
Positions Available: 1
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Rhode Island Legal Services